Sunday 1 April 2012

Some serious stuff

So what you may not know is that for two years of university life I studied Creative Writing, and in that time I built up a small body of work. There are a few poems, some short stories, a 10 minute play, I even wrote a scene for a film would you believe. They are mostly shit, but I shall post them anyway. The first two pieces are poems that I submitted for an assignment, I cant remember all the different poetry forms anymore, but I think one of them is meant to be a free verse, which is basically write any way you want, so yeah enjoy them, or else....


Sanctity
Crippled by your sanctity,
It was not your choice to leave.
When will you come back to me?

Pushed towards insanity
 Deprived through bereave
While you only exist in sanctity.

Through dreams I cling desperately
Many questions I weave
Will you ever come back to me?

For fate or for destiny,
You went on that gorgeous eve,
To live a life of sanctity.

On a plain truly heavenly
Too early for me to leave
Maybe you shouldn’t come back to me?

Maybe I can survive with memory
I can live,
 I can believe
That you will exist forever in sanctity.

I sit here for you.

I sit here gazing at your picture,
Not to sound corny – But
Just look,
It’s wonderful
                                                And
You,
You are my embodiment,
You are wonderful.

I sit here and I complain,
You are the guide,
Helping me find the answers,
                                              
I sit here,
Tracing through these torturous  thoughts,
                                             Thinking                                                                                    
What am I doing wrong?

Why couldn’t I see it before ?
                                            Because
I wasn’t looking for it,
You found it for me.


I sit here,
Trapped in my despair,
A soldier in my bunker,
I wait for the next blast.

                                               But

It doesn’t come,
You stopped it...
There was no impact –
                                             You,

You were right!
All I needed to do
 Was sit here,
                                           For,  You.














No comments:

Post a Comment